New problem set ps-08
More working together today.
Start thinking about your Final projects.
Something small that you can accomplish in 2-3 weeks.
Review problem set: 5:45 – 6:50
Questions about the reading? 6:50 - 7:00
State of 2016-SWC 7:00 – 7:15
- "Soft" (hardcore) skills
- Being curious, brave, and exploring topics in code.
- ½ Finding answers
- ½ Debugging / Problem solving
- Technology survey topics
- ✔ Git
- ✔ HTML
- ✔ CSS
- ½ jQuery
- SVG ★
- D3 ★
- ThreeJS ★
- Concept topics
- ✔ Variables
- ✔ Functions
- ½ Arrays & Objects ★
- Data Structures
- Higher Order functions
- Random process
- Common Recipes
Odds & Ends: 7:15 – 7:30
- What is it?
- Why is it useful?
- How do I use it?
- Include it as a resource in your HTML
See a simple example
- Where can I learn more?
- 'Exporting' functions via global namespace. Reusing code.
- Define an array to represent the screen in two ways
- Look into an array
- Iterate through an array
Look at "Shepherding random numbers" (deluxe random walking)
Random Walkers exemplars
A simple simulation 'random walk' in code-pen 7:50 - 8:45
This is related to Today's problem set Simulation. This is one of the simplest simulations. A line is created by the meandering path of dot as it moves over time.
- Phase 0: Develop the initial state together ~5 min.
- A dot on the screen
- A simple animation?
- Phase 1: Move the dot over time.
- Phase 2: What happens when we reach an edge?
- Phase 3: Exploration. Can you make this more interesting?